Being frugal is all about saving money on some things so you can spend money on other things. It’s all about prioritizing your money and spending on what is important to you. That will look different to everyone depending on your likes and dislikes and priorities. There is a big difference between being cheap or frugal. I used to think I was cheap but I learned that I am actually frugal. I have compiled a list of ways you can be frugal in order to save money for things you really want, like paying off debt. These frugal living tips will have you saving money fast!
Frugal Living Tips:
- Meal planning-this helps with impulse shopping and not eating out
- Do a Money Savings Challenge
- Do a No-Spend Challenge
- Shop 2nd hand at places like Thred Up
- Unplug electronics
- Turn off lights when not in a room
- Turn up your A/C
- Turn down your heat
- Wash clothes on cold water
- Hang dry clothes
- Make your own cleaners
- Cook from scratch
- Save money on groceries by keeping an inventory
- Grow a garden
- Shop with a calculator
- Freeze your leftovers
- Pack your lunch! This is a huge money saver!
- Make your own snack size snacks for lunches
- Make your own Lunchables or Uncrustables
- Use coupons-get free coupons online at Coupons.com
- Cut cable or at least lower channels
- Stop using paper towels-use hand towels
- Buy generic
- Calculate the cost per item- buy in bulk if cheaper or larger sizes
- Price shop-not everything is cheaper in bulk or at certain bargain stores
- Water down juice for kids
- Plan for outings by packing snacks and drinks
- Keep snacks or drinks in the car for when you forget
- Take your own cups when on an outing (like the zoo), you can buy a drink then fill up your own cups to share and make it last longer. Some places even let you have free or cheaper refills.
- Make sure to budget for fun! What’s the point of managing your money well if you don’t have some fun once in a while?
- Cut monthly expenses- lower bills by cutting things you don’t use. Get your cutting expenses worksheet here->
- Do your own repairs- watch YouTube for help fixing things
- Reuse food storage bags
- Save plastic containers from deli meat, margarine, and take out to reuse
- Make a budget! The majority of people save money just from making a budget
These frugal living tips will have you saving money every month! We have saved thousands with these simple tips. I save over $600 by just shopping smarter! I share all of my tips, tricks, and advice in my Ultimate Budget Workbook. I teach you how to budget, save money, and pay off debt fast! Plus I include all the printables you need to do it! You will save money and achieve your goals by following these simple steps.
Hi, I am Ashley and I am here to teach you how to budget, save money, and pay off debt with simple and easy to implement tips. I was able to pay off $45,000 in 17 months including $25,000 in student loans in just 10 months. I am now a Ramsey Solutions Master Financial Coach and help people like you manage their budgets so they can live the life they want. I also have a degree in psychology and help you get to the root of your money problems. I have also written two ebooks to help save you money and how to budget for beginners.